best of Matt and Kaz: nominations
We have successfully made it to our third category! I must say the last one got an overwhelming amount of votes so we hope you guys keep the trend. THANK YOU for participating in this :’) So without making you wait any longer, here are the nominations for favorite Matt/Kaz interview. Thankfully there are links to all of them but I shall also provide a brief interview of each one just in case. WE HUGELY RECCOMEND WATCHING ALL OF THEM BEFORE YOU VOTE THOUGH BECAUSE NOTHING WE SAY WILL DO THEM JUSTICE.
1. Comic Con
One of the many times Matt and Karen mimic each other. The fish face is born. Karen doesn’t like Matt’s brooding. Matt doesn’t like Karen’s reading. Ridiculous faces. A lot of giggling. General silliness.
2. Matt interviews Karen/Karen interviews Matt
The amount of staring in this one is just unacceptable. ‘How long have you had a crush on me?’, ‘Don’t take up my whole shot with that massive head’, Amy Pond/the Doctor praising from both of them, personal space getting progressively less existent.
3. the One Show
Interviewers tell them they’re the ‘most explosive, steamy couple Doctor Who’s ever seen’. They also mention Matt’s body language when he talks about the kiss which is in fact very awful. More kiss talk occurs.
Also bed hair.
They talk about their chemistry they first ‘got together’. Matt says it ages with time, their relationship and then procceeds to talk about the day he first met Karen and how her hair was beyond her NETHER REGIONS. Also he knows that Karen likes Nutella. And he’s the best kisser.
5. Fearne on Radio/part 2
Karen finds Matt just so repulsive in this interview. Also even more mimicing. They’re bickering about guest stars and Fearne comments how she loves their ‘domestic banter’. A whole lot of laughing and giggling and ‘shut your face’ing.
So there you go! Five nominations, may the best one win! As always the easiest way to vote is sending us in the number of your vote. For example if you want to vote for Comic Con interview, just send in ‘1’. No anons and no voting more than once. CHOOSE WISELY.
best of Matt and Kaz: nominations
FAVORITE MATT QUOTE/ FAVORITE KAREN QUOTE
Attention attention citizens of the happy bubble! It is time to participate in our second category for our Matt/Kaz awards! We’ve had so many votes for the last one and we hope we can say the same about this one as well. You guys are amazing! This time we have another tough one for you. Extra tough because it’s actually two categories! Best Karen quote about Matt and best Matt quote about Karen. Here are the nominees:
1) “Amy Pond is, uh, I don’t know, I’ve sort of fallen in love with Amy Pond…. she’s a redhead, feisty, seductress, ball of wit. God, I think Karen brings so much of herself to the role of Amy. All that sort of, mad kooky energy that she has in her life. (laughs) Just Karen-ness! Karen madness, and that feisty, Scottish, ‘don’t-mess-with-me’… there’s all that in there as well. We’ve become closer every day. I’m really very fond of her actually. Have to say.”
2) “Well, that hair, those limbs, that surprising brain. it’s like she’s from another planet. She’s a true eccentric. Karen provides my funniest moments on a daily basis. Seeing her run. Seeing her move. Seeing those limbs extend. When she opens her mouth, it tends to be funny – unwittingly, but funny. But underneath her mad exterior, she’s sharp. She’s just perfectly Amy Pond. People love her. She’s hilarious.”
3) “Yes, I think that Karen is absolutely…I mean, look at her, she’s a remarkable specimen – I think categorically she is the sexiest companion that has ever lived.”
4) “Maybe I’d put Karen in it (the Pandorica) so she could live forever! Because then her wish would come true and my wish would come true - she’d be immortal.”
5) ”She’s very beautiful, mad as a box of cats. In a brilliant way… We’re both pretty mad, I think, which is why it’s cool.”
1) “I have Matt Smith and I just feel like the luckiest companion in the world.”
2) “I’d never done a leading role like that in anything before so that was scary. But I knew I was going to be working along a very talented young man named Matt Smith. [giggles] He played the Doctor in my audition and I suddenly went ‘Wow, this is going to be really good.’”
3) “He’s very much the face of everything to do with Doctor Who. He’s got the weight of that on his shoulders. I saw him being nervous about it when we started. But then he smashed it. I had no doubt that people would fall in love with him in seconds.”
4) “He’s got an amazing head, that boy. It looks like it’s made of rubber,” Gillan said of her co-star Smith. “It does! But in a kind of really amazing way. He’s really lucky to have that face.” She went on to concede, in a tone of ironic generosity: “His looks, combined with his severe acting talent, are a force to be reckoned with.”
5) (How is it working with Matt Smith?) “Matt Smith?! Well, it’s terrible—no, no, it’s amazing. He is just a real inspiration to me, actually. I hope he doesn’t see this. But no, he really, really is. I’ve learned so much from him and he’s one of my best friends in the whole world.”
So what you have to do is decide which one is your favorite quote from Matt and Karen individually and then send in your votes. To make life easier for us, your vote could look like this:
The rules are the same as they were last time. No anon votes and you can only vote once. GET TO IT. Poll will close this time on Wednesday :)
best of Matt and Kaz: nominations
Alright guys, the time has come for you all to vote in our first category and one of the toughest if I say so myself. This week you have to choose your favorite Doctor Who Confidential amongst six nominations, based only on which one made you squee more with all its Matt/Kaz glory. Just in case you need me to refresh your memory (and since every place where you can watch Confidential online seems to have vanished *cries*) let me describe briefly the shenanigans these two are up to in each of our runners for ‘best confidential’
5.02: Matt says how he’s ‘fallen in love with Amy Pond’ and then how ‘Karen brings so much of herself to the role as Amy’ in the same sentence. Awkward dancing and pushing each other and charades occur on set of ‘the Beast Below’. More Matt praising Karen and saying how fond of her he is and how close they are. Photoshoot for season 5 promo pics and complete lack of any kind of personal space. Also hugging while covered in fake Star Whale vomit.
5. 05: Matt and Karen rehearsing for ‘smoochie smoochie tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime’, Karen subconsciously putting her hand on Matt’s thigh subconciously and then denying it afterwards, ‘I seduced you’, Matt imitating Karen, Karen hitting him with pillows, ‘no one cares about your silly bedroom’, general stupidity and again lack of personal space.
5.09: A couple of idiots across Britain. ‘I have just woken up’ -‘Yeah I know’, practically sitting on each other on a HUGE sofa, Karen taking pictures of Matt while he’s being interviewed, awkward dancing to the Doctor Who theme, Matt ‘obscuring’ Karen’s face, Matt filming Karen and saying stuff like ‘oh there she is. There’s trouble.’ Lack of personal space is getting ridiculous at this point. Also lots of standing around and looking flawless while people take pictures.
5.13: First time ever in New York. ‘Kaz where are we?’ -‘We’re at NYC!’-‘New York City baby!’, Karen wearing the same clothes as yesterday, looking flawless and married during the episode screenings, walking around being stupid, ‘Jay-Z was right wasn’t he?’
6.05: ‘I’ve got a friend…you!’, Karen saying she’s basically his hamster and Matt saying if that’s true he has to get her a training wheel. More hamster talk occurs. ‘Matt what are your experiences with the paranormal?’ -‘Well, apart from working with Karen…”, Matt and Karen tell us a story of how she was afraid to go to her fla t one night and asked him if he could walk up with her (yes these are actual people who exist).
6.06: Charlie the Badger is born. Matt makes Charlie say that he thinks Karen looks really weird when she’s falling asleep in make up. Karen starts stroking Charlie’s neck. Stupid things like ‘you like this don’t you Charlie?’-‘oooooooooh I like it like that’ are said. A whole lot of teasing.
SO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS VOTE FOR ONE OF THESE FINE CHOICES. Just remember that anon messages do NOT count and each person can only vote once. It be best if your vote could just be the number of the Confidential, as seen in the gifs. For example if you want to vote for 5.02 just send us a message saying ‘1’. That way it’d be easier for us to count the votes.
YOU HAVE THREE DAYS. GET TO IT.
Hello lovely and amazing people! So word on the street is that mattandkaz is turning one year old in a couple of weeks! When we started this little blog we had no idea it would turn into this amazing and ever growing happy bubble but it has and we’re so happy we get to be your party hosts day in and day out. Currently there are almost 4500 of you and since you’ve been so great we thought we’d take this apportunity not to only celebrate Matt and Karen but you as well! So that’s when we came up with an idea for a project called ‘the best of Matt and Kaz (as voted by our followers)’. I believe the title pretty much explains itself, but let me go over the details of what will be happening at mattandkaz during the following weeks:
Every three days one (or two) categories of Matt/Karen related things will be published (categories such as favorite Confidential, best quote etc) and YOU GUYS will vote for your favorite amongst the various nominations. We will then gather up all the votes and once the results are clear we will post a photoset/graphic for each winner.
There will be ten categories over all which will include:
1) Favorite confidential
2) Favorite Matt quote
3) Favorite Karen quote
4) Best interview
5) Best day in the Bubble
6) Best place (ex. New York, Cardiff, Utah etc)
7) Favorite pair of nicknames (ex. the Badger and the Hamster, Gangly Fox and Drunk Giraffe etc)
8) Favorite person Matt and Kaz like hanging out with (ex. Arthur, the Moff etc)
9) Best public event (ex. Comic Con, DVD q&a, Doctor Who con etc)
10) Best candid
Sometimes two categories will be published together and sometimes we will just have one, depending on how many nominations each one has.
A COUPLE OF RULES
1) Each person can vote only once. To avoid multiple votes from the same sources, anon messages will not count. So if you send us a message being anon, that message will be disqualified.
2) You will have three days to vote for each category.
3) While we welcome visitors, this is a Bubble thing so only people who follow this blog are permitted to participate in voting.
4) Remember, just because only one nomination will win, we obviously love all of them so let’s try to avoid rude comments and turn this into a competition :)
5) HAVE FUN!
THE FIRST CATEGORY WILL BE PUBLISHED LATER TONIGHT SO KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN AND DON’T HESITATE TO ASK US ANY QUESTION YOU MIGHT HAVE.